Monday, January 2, 2012

Subway

Personally I'm not from a rich family, my parents earn a decent salary able to keep food on the table for us, to give us shelter to live in, clothing so we dont have to be on the street naked.

Everyday they eat simple meals, and birthdays are always celebrated at KFC.

90% of their meals cost $3.50-$5 and nothing more than that. Luxury makan places are places like Crystal Jade, Dian Xiao Er, Fish & Co, NYDC etc etc.

The last time we traveled out of Singapore, it was 13years ago. It happened to be Hong Kong, staying at our relatives house and we saved on our lodging & a lil sum on food.

But, whenever i walked into Subway, it brings back memory for me. When I was 16years old, I told my dad i was hungry and he bought a Subway near his workplace and brought it home for me for dinner.

I was shocked, touched, & every other emotion i can't put into words. My dad actually bought a subway home for me. My dad, who spend only $3 for his daily meals, bought a subway home for me which costs $6+.

Any normal person couldn't comprehend the situation, probably thinking "it's just a subway what," but to me & for me, it's this small lil action that made me felt so touched.

In life, treasure ur family because at the end of the day, they will be there for you when everything falls & when everyone else fails you.