Sunday, July 27, 2008

Addicted To Full Court

The basketball court at Blk 299 is practically empty when HongWei, Edmond n i were there. The weather is like super hot n the sun is draining all my energy. We attempted a few hoops then started playing full court 1v1. Meaning I'll attack from 1 court to the other court and Edmond will defend against me then Edmond will take over me n run to the other court n this time HongWei will defend. We played for around 30min or so then people started turning up n we had to stop cuz its rather selfish for 3people to take the entire basketball court. Shortly Alan arrived, so we played 2v2 for awhile, then this British guy whom we played with quite often came n we decided to play 5v5 full court, therefore we asked players from the other court whether they wanna have a 5v5 full court match. They agreed, so the game started n soon my team is leading ahead of the other team by 4 points then they started to use some underhand tricks. One of which pisses me off was this guy from Serangoon secondary, he pointed his elbow towards my face n advanced towards me, instinctively i took a few steps back, n he used that opportunity to score a point. At that point of time, my facial expression is 'kan du lan' n inside me im feeling damn 'pek cek'. Every vulgarity in my dictionary has been recited at least once in my mind. From the basic 'Friendly Understanding Caring Kind' to the ultimate 'Super White' n the most widely used 'See You Take'. Hence, without procrastinating, i dribbled the ball to the other court charged into the free throw line to draw a foul, as i expected he charged towards me. Our possession, which is to our advantage, i took another opportunity to dribble pass him but instead of jumping forward, i side step to the left n give him a wing set combo, release a shot and ended the game with 11-6. A few of my friends are quite shocked cuz i seldom take things so seriously. By the way, after the game ended, we had another 5v5 with SengKang school team and we won 11-8. Then when the 5v5 ended, those regulars at Blk188 came over to Blk299 to seek for more worthy opponent, but sadly they arent any. Hence they asked us to play 4v4 with them, reluctantly we played one round then we left the court n headed home for dinner. Then later at 1015pm, Alan asked HongWei n i out for supper at XinWang cafe. Since my bike broke down, i took a bus down to Kovan while Alan n HongWei cycled down to Kovan. At XinWang, i ordered a Chicken chop Spaghetti n a Iced YengYang, HongWei ordered a Chicken chop n also a Iced YengYang then Alan n his girlfriend ordered a Mango sunrise, fried wanton n a Horlick. We chit chat for awhile until 1230am lidat then we left cuz Alan's girlfriend had to work the next day. My last bus is at 1230am therefore i missed my last bus, without much of a choice, i asked HongWei to give me a lift n hes okie with it. N you know what, the bicycle stand i stood on almost tear my ligament, its damn painful. I was grabbing onto HongWei's shoulder through out the whole journey, n poor HongWei suffered cuz of his user unfriendly seat, with my weight plus his, his butt sure gonna hurt 2times more than usual. All the way until Punggol Flyover then i offered to take over cuz my leg was shaking like hell. So i took over n he climbed up, not even 10seconds he jumped down from the bike n started shouting 'Wah seh, my feet damn pain xia' n i'm like 'Eh, i was standing there for the past 20min leh uncle' then there goes our hyena laughter, laugh for like 1min plus then i started paddling. But i cant even maintain 2complete strokes n i had to put my feet down to balance, reason being im too inexperience n hes not very light hence resulted in our failure. After several attempt i gave up n he took over n he cycle me all the way to Alan's place then i offered to walk home myself.

Thanks alot man HongWei.