Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Independent

I believe we're both very independent being.
We have been single for close to 2years, we grew mature over this 2years.
People always say that r/s makes you distant from ur friends, distant from ur family, distant from everybody but just the 2 of us.

Over this 2years, i tried to connect back to the friends i had lost during my r/s years. It's hard work, definitely hard work.
Some friends welcome u back with open arms, but some just felt disconnected.
I managed to get back my social life, i'm single, i'm free, i can go out with everyone i like, whoever i like and anybody i want.

I went out with my parents whenever i'm free, we had dinners, we chit chat, we talk more. I learn to treasure my family more than anything.

Over this few years, i grew up, i'm matured, in terms of mentally and emotionally. I prioritsed, i know my goal, i know what i wanna do, i know what i should do and what i shouldnt do.
I learn to plan, and not plan to fail.
I learn that if i cant do small things, how can i accomplish bigger things.

After all this years, i finally got into another r/s. I learn to balance my career, friends, family and her. She's pretty close to my parents, they hang out, they eat and they meet up even when i'm oversea. I'm glad that she can connect with my parents.

I brought her to meet some of my friends, thou not all yet. I'm happy that my friends and her click along well, and not with black face or walked away, shouted in the middle of a dinner or conversation.

When we're alone, we missed each other's companion, when we're tgt we enjoy what we are doing.
We had plans, we want to start a family, we want to stay together.

We went to look for HDB, look for EC, consult housing agents and left our names for balloting.

When she's alone, she's very independent. She do house hold chores, she do groceries, she washed her clothings, cooked dinner.
But whenever i'm around, i'll make it a point to fix something for her to eat. I'll cook breakfast and dinner, tried different recipe i have learned over the years.

At the same time i'm realising my goal as a house husband.

Be it like what other says this is our honeymoon period, to me honeymoon period or not, as long as one is willing to put in effort, the honeymoon period will last till forever. But if it's just a mask, once it's peeled off everything changes.

One thing i learn is to not expect, if we expect, we plan to fail. But if we let things flow by naturally and do our part for this r/s, everything will be fine.
Expectation is overrated, it's a pressure, an invisible pressure. Do things because you wanna do it, not to ask for returns. If we have a motive for everything, life will be miserable.

I learn to treasure things over the years.
Now i learn to treasure my family, they were with me during good and bad times.
I treasure my friends, as i have alr lose one, i dont wanna lose the others. It was so sad and miserable, years of friendship gone in a split seconds.
Now I have a partner, i'll do my best because she's doing her best too.

Everyday, as i'm flying everywhere.
These are the people who's always in my mind, that i couldnt forget.

They are, My dad & mum, Daphnee, Edmond and Mingtai & Hongwei, Renkun & Tesmmon, Juliana & WeiWan, Eric Gwee from my Batch. Also Ben Yeo & charm.

Physically we're both very independent, but emotionally, we're very dependent of each other. Whenever we're in SG, we spent most of the time together. I love talking to her, especially when we talk, we talk about everything.
I feel that communication is very impt, if we communicate, we know more about each other. As we know more about each other, we learn our difference and we make a difference in each other's life.
Differences are inevitable, but it's how we adapt to it. Nobody is 100% similar, all these takes effort. This is what i believe and learn over the past years.

Some times think about it, even our mum & dad grew up with us for 20 over years and we still quarrel. What is a few years and months of r/s?

Life is an everlasting experience, it's a non stop learning curve.
It is not only about education, it is also about people managing.
IQ is impt, same goes for EQ.

Pure intelligent brings u nowhere if you have no EQ. At the end of the day, u're high and mighty. But when we look behind ourselves, we start to realise we're all alone up there.
We start to ponder whether people ard us are real friends or hypocrites?
If one day when we fall, will they be by our side?
A question for you to think, also for me to ponder.

At the end of the day, it's friendship & kinship that will accompany us till the end.

I cant wait for my annual leaves, because i'll be going oversea with her.
Hope everything turns out well.